Seeing as Shrove Tuesday is one of my all time favourite days of the year I decided to make a video of how I like to make pancakes.
It’s always a surprise when this day comes around so quickly after Christmas. The thought of stuffing your face with pancakes can be daunting when it feels like the turkey hasn’t yet digested, never the less these are too flippin’ good to turn down.
These perfect pancakes should only take about 20 minutes to make. The recipe serves four unless you decide they are too delicious to share.
You will need:
- 450ml milk
- 300g self-raising flour
- 75g caster sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- 4 Kit Kats or choose your favourite chocolate
- 1 large chocolate bar for melting
- Whisk the milk and egg together in a medium bowl. Sift the flour in to a separate medium bowl and stir in the sugar. Mix in the milk mixture and stir well until there are no lumps. If you wish you may add some of your finely chopped Kit Kat in to the mix for extra flavour and added crunch.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Use roughly a quarter cup of mixture per pancake and cook pancakes for roughly three minutes per side.
- Cover the pancakes loosely on a plate with foil to keep warm while you prepare your toppings. Don’t forget to top up the oil in your pan between pancakes to prevent them from sticking.
- For the toppings melt one large chocolate bar in a bowl for 1 minute and then for 10 seconds at a time, stiring inbetween until it is a smooth. Finally garnish your perfect pancakes with sprinkles of finely cut Kit Kat and fresh quartered strawberries.