I’m so proud of these delicious carrot cupcakes!
They honestly tasted heavenly and they are kind of almost (not really) healthy since I used coconut oil and minimal brown sugar. I half heartedly followed a few different recipes I found on google and basically just winged it to accidentally stumble upon the greatest carrot cupcake concoction ever.
So my advice would be if you honestly want a healthy recipe then surpass the cream cheese frosting because everyone rooted in reality knows that cream cheese is fattening as hell (IDGAF if its Philadelphia light, lightest or completely weightless).
If you wanna see how I did it then watch this video.. (otherwise i’ll list the ingredients bellow and you can just see how you get on!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup oil (I used 3/4 cup coconut oil then ngl I banged in a 1/4 sunflower oil)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup philadelphia light
- 1/4 cup salted butter (only cos all I had was salted)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Teaspoon vanilla extract (cos no recipe is complete without this shit)